Monday 28 July 2014

Making Enactus a way of life



I felt there was a certain aura surrounding Enactus when I applied for it. I knew for a fact that Enactus had an international base, I knew it was one of the most sought after and active committee in the campus and I also knew that it was one of the most heavily funded committee. But at that point of time I couldn’t entirely comprehend the fusion of Social work and Entrepreneurship. Nevertheless I continued and sure enough as the rounds progressed it became evident to me that it was indeed a genius combination. 

I remember facing the first blow while filling the form. The first 3 questions asked me about my past experience in the domain of Social work and Entrepreneurship which I did not have. I was just a boy who had a great passion for social work and felt guilty of not doing it in 22 years of his life. But the Statement of Purpose came as a saviour wherein I poured my heart out in the 100 words allotted to me about my guilt of not doing social work till now and my passion and willingness of starting to contribute towards the society. 

The Case study round (Round 2) is where the picture became clear to me as to how Social work and Entrepreneurship can complement each other. The case was about providing financial literacy and even as I was thinking of a solution I got a preliminary picture of the kind of work I was going to do in Enactus and that spiked my excitement. 
 
Then came 18th July, the day of the interview.  Nervousness was definitely mounting, but the interview was nothing as I had expected. The atmosphere of the interview was light and the only thing I had to do was justify my role in the committee. I explained to them what I can bring to the table and my willingness to work for the committee. I came out of the interview feeling satisfied and thinking to myself, “It couldn’t have gone any better”. 

After going through the entire process I was ecstatic at the positive result. The induction presentation was where I got a wholesome picture of the work done in Somaiya Social Cell and I know for a fact that the coming 2 years with Enactus would be the most formative period of my life.  But I cannot sign off without giving a hearty thanks to all the seniors at Enactus who saw through my inexperience in the domain and gave me a chance to be a part of SSC.

No comments:

Post a Comment